Beautiful skin, an attractive body and a beautiful sense of style does not have an end once you hit 50s. There is hardly any difference between the recommended diet and exercise habits for a 20-year-old and that of a 50-year-old. In fact, the only difference is that a healthy diet plan and routine workouts are much more important than ever. During the aging process, the key to keeping your body properly functioning and in shape is to eat healthy and stay active.
At 50 and older, most adults are still capable of completing most exercises. Exercising can mean taking daily 40 minutes walk with your partner or alone, enjoying exercise videos in your own home. Botox injections can alleviate wrinkles in the upper third of the face.
Chemical peels are effective in removing fine lines and smoothing skin, especially about the eyes and mouth. Wrinkle fillers can plump up your skin and erase lines. Women over 50 usually look better with a cream lipstick rather than a matte or gloss and in a pinch, your lipsticks can be used as a blush.
Lips tend to lose definition and color, and become thinner with age. Among the great makeup tricks for aging skin is applying a neutral lip liner to provide plumpness with a sheer lipstick to avoid feathering (we like berries and browns). Use a lip liner to help define lips.
Try a lip liner whose color is not far from the natural shade of your lips and both line and fill in the lips with this pencil before making use of your lip color. Carry a stash of various lipsticks in daring shades in your purse for different occasions, outfits, and moods. Use makeup to accentuate your positive qualities and make yourself feel great.
Women Over 50 and Beauty Tips
1. Using heavy makeup and powders will not compliment dryer skin.
2. Heavily powdered skin will make your skin look matte and dry.
3. Just as the pigment in our hair changes and it turns grey, the melanin in our skin changes also.
4. Don’t give into the idea you must own every new color that is fashionable for a particular season.
5. Try a humidifier. Use moisturizing soaps and lotions.
6. Good nutrition helps your body repair skin.
7. Drinking lots of water helps hydrate skin from the inside out.
8. Use products with SPF 15 or higher, and both UVB and UVA protection.
Here are some other beauty tips that can be used by women over 50. Make sure you still practice good posture. Confidence is a sign of true beauty no matter what the age. Do not forget to drink lots of water. This is vital in feeling your best. Also and maybe most importantly, remember each day to tell yourself that you are beautiful.
Just because a woman turns 50 does not mean that she is not as beautiful as she was at 25. Age is truly only a number and what really matters is how you feel and how you perceive yourself.