Do you workout like crazy and never seem to reach your weight loss goal?
It can be very disappointing not to see any results when you try so hard. You could be making some very simple mistakes with your diet and not even know it. This article will reveal 5 sneaky sugars that are killing your diet:
- Pure Fruit Juice And Fruit Juice Concentrate: Fruit juice is not much better for you than a can of soda. Pure fruit juice is loaded with sugar. Drinking one eight ounce class of orange juice is equivalent to eating three to four oranges. That’s a lot of fruit to consume in one go. Fruit juice concentrate also contains a lot of sugar that has other questionable ingredients. These include: artificial sweeteners, chemicals, coloring agents and preservatives. If you want to drink something sweet make your own iced teas is using organic Stevia.
- White Wine: White wine contains a lot of sugar to hide the acidity of the grapes. Just one glass of white wine contains several teaspoons of sugar. Try having a small glass of red wine instead. It doesn’t contain the same amount of sugar. A glass of red wine every now and then will not hurt your weight loss goals.
- Yoghurt: This delicious treat contains way more sugar than you have been led to believe. A six ounce tub of fruit flavored yoghurt has twelve grams of sugar. Not as healthy as you thought. Make a protein shake instead. A protein shake has more nutrition and will feed your muscles at the same time.
- Bread: Commercially baked bread like the type found in the grocery store contains a lot of sugar. It is used to make the bread look browner and taste better. Buy bread from a local bakery instead. Bakeries don’t use extra sugar to make their bread look better. It will not last as long but is much healthier for you and your family.
- Salad Dressing: The dressings found on the supermarket shelf including the fat-free kind contained a lot of sugar. It is used to enhance flavor and disguise the bitterness of some the ingredients being used. Make your own with a combination of balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper and the spices of your choice. This way you know you won’t be consuming excess sugar, the salad dressing is fresh and made from natural ingredients.
There you have it 5 sneaky sugars that are killing your diet. Before buying any products always look out to sugar and carbohydrate content is on the label. This way you can avoid eating all that extra sugar.